The Masjid itself has got three floors. On the ground floor there is a large Main Hall for prayers which can easily accommodate around 450 worshippers at any one time. In addition there is an office and wudu room (including disable toilets. The first floor prayer hall can accommodate around 350 worshippers at any one time (this is a recent addition to the Masjid), this floor also has its own wudu room and toilets. The lower ground floor which has just been refurbished and extended, the prayer hall can accommodate around 350 worshippers (mainly used by our sisters). This floor also provides a small kitchen and office for the ladies, the extension accommodates the new wudu room and toilets (for the ladies), and a newly refurbished toilet area for the men. The extension includes a newly built ghusl room to wash the deceased before burial. There is also a larger kitchen to accommodate for worshipper on special occasions including 'Khatams’ & ‘Kuls’. There is also a day room for our elderly brothers to relax in.
Our mission is to serve the community
The masjid can provide or help provide the following:
- Guidance for arranging Catering Services for guests.
- Sitting Halls (Separate for men & women).
- 24 hour access to the Masjid.
- Washing & Storage Facilities.
- ‘Khatams’ & ‘Kuls’ facilities – free of charge – donations welcome to the masjid.
- Help with getting cause of death/disease certificate from GP or hospital.
- Help with getting death certificate from the registration office.
- Help with obtaining Corner’s report for sending bodies abroad.
- Help with transportation from home to mortuary – cemetery or airport.
- Provide help and assistance in travelling arrangements.
You can get more information about burials in Huddersfield from the Huddersfield Muslim Burial Council (HMBC) web page: http://huddersfieldmbc.org/
Free of Charge Visits & Tours
This service is provided FREE of CHARGE to any visitors along with refreshments.